UPDATE as of January 30, 2017
Since its launching on October 23, 2016, iBahagi has become the flagship program of the parish and efforts have been taken towards encouraging parishioners to enroll in the stewardship program. Funds generated from iBahagi will be allocated as follows:
50% will go to the different pastoral programs of the parish through the PPC,
40% will go to the Parish Fund for the operational and maintenance expenses of the main church and the chapels, and the remaining
10% will go to the Catechetical Fund.
As of January 31, 2017, or three months later, there are now 414 enlisted members of iBahagi, and total collected monthly contributions amounting to P213,630.00. Considering OLMC Parish’s estimated population of 180,000, these figures indicate that support for the program is considerably low at this time.
The parish now sees an obvious need to vigorously promote iBahagi and focus more efforts to instill a clearer and deeper understanding of the spirit of stewardship so that parishioners will realize that as followers of Christ, they are being called to share a portion of their God-given gifts of time, talent and treasure to support the mission of the Church. Towards this end, the parish has geared up to undertake the following:
- The first and third Sundays of the month have been dedicated as Stewardship Sunday; on these days, the iBahagi stewardship booth is open to encourage parishioners to enroll, and to receive monthly contributions;
- A re-launching of the program will be held through a second ministry fair dubbed as “Lingkod Simbahan 2017” on Sunday, February 19, from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm at the church grounds to invite more parishioners to be good stewards of time and talent by joining a parish ministry, and/or be good stewards of treasure by enlisting a monthly pledge (any amount within their means that they are willing to share) at the iBahagi booth;
- A new video presentation will be shown during Sunday masses to heighten parishioners’ awareness about stewardship and actively promote iBahagi;
- A session or two of the 5-minute catechesis before the Sunday masses will be dedicated towards helping parishioners have a clear understanding of how the parish uses and manages its funds.
Through iBahagi, it is the vision of OLMC Parish to become a vibrant community of Christ’s disciples generously, gratefully and lovingly sharing God’s gifts and doing God’s work — proclaiming the Gospel (most especially by the way they live), nurturing their faith through prayer, catechesis and faith formation programs, centering their lives on the Eucharist and serving the poor in their midst. Jesus awaits your response!
I–BAlik-HAndog sa GInoo*
Ang programang ito’y naglalayong hikayatin ang bawa’t parokyano na maging bahagi sa:
1. pagtataguyod ng Simbahan,
2. pagpapalaganap ng Mabuting Salita,
3. pagpapatibay ng pananampalataya, at
4. pagsasagawa ng mga proyekto ng awa, malasakit, at pagtulong sa nangangailangan.
*Diyos (sa Cebuano)
Hiram Lamang sa Diyos…
Ang lahat ay nilalang ng Diyos dahil sa Pag-ibig.
Sa gayon, ang lahat nang mayroon ka – kakayahan, talino, panahon, kayamanan at maging ang ating buhay, katawan, at kaluluwa – ay hindi mo pag-aari (Ps 24:1, Eze 18:4; Hag 2:8). Bagkus, lahat ng ito’y ipinahiram lamang ng Diyos sa iyo. Ang mga biyayang ito ay ipinagkatiwala sa iyo bilang tagapangasiwa (steward) kung kaya’t mayroon kang pananagutan na ito’y pagyamanin at gamitin ayon sa kagustuhan ng Diyos (CCC 2402, 2404).
Tinatawag ang lahat sa bukas-palad ng pagbabalik-handog bilang pasasalamat, pagpupuri at pagmamahal sa Diyos.
• Tayo ay maaaring maglaan ng PANAHON, KAKAYAHAN at TALINO bilang lingkod ng Simabahan at ng ating mga pamayanan.
• Mahalaga rin na magbalik-handog sa Diyos sa pamamagitan ng taos-pusong pag-aambag ng yaman na gagamitin na pangtustos sa mga programa ng Simbahan (Rom 12:8)
• Sa ganitong paraan, tayo’s magiging mga MISSION PARTNERS o kaBAHAGI ng Diyos sa layunin ng Kaligtasan para sa lahat.
Paraan ng Pagsali
• Magparehistro sa iBAHAGI Booth sa harap ng Simbahan tuwing araw ng Linggo o sa Parish Office sa lahat ng oras na bukas ito.
• Maaring magbahagi ng panahon at kakayahan bilang paglilingkod sa Simbahan o/at mag-pledge ng halagang iaambag sa Simbahan nang buwanan o tuwing ikatlong buwan (quarterly).
• Ang pledge ay maituturing na iyong personal na pangako o panata sa Diyos.
• Ikaw ay bibigyan ng isang passbook na magsisilbing talaan ng iyong mga ambag. Ang passbook ay tatatakan sa tuwing ikaw ay mag-aambag ng halagang ayon sa iyong pledge.
• Maaari mong dalhin ang iyong pledge sa iBAHAGI Booth sa araw ng Linggo o sa Parish Office sa ibang araw.